The case of #ftiaxeCutty 2017
The #ftiakseCutty request: Cutty Sark needed to build a new and stronger relationship with the bartending community and to find its place in the cocktail trend!
The insight: Greek bartenders are difficult to impress since Greek consumers are very sophisticated drinkers. However, every contest or training available by other brands is taking place mainly in Athens. In addition, young talents from other Greek cities rarely have the opportunity to participate.
The idea: 5 Greek cities hosted 5 bartending contests named #ftiaxeCutty (in Greek it reads like “make something with cutty”)! After that, Cutty Sark held the finals in Athens after we collected the best bartenders from SALONICA, HERAKLION, IOANNINA, AND PATRAS!
In short the mix of success was:
- We created a CTA video featuring a popular Greek presenter Mr. Giorgos Lianos in order to invite bartenders to enter #ftiaxeCutty!
- Our team designed a digital platform for bartenders, to participate with their “recipes”: 1 with Cutty Sark and 1 with Cutty Sark Prohibition.
- A highly acclaimed judging committee was there and they all traveled all over Greece to evaluate new ideas!
- In addition, a final #ftiakseCutty contest took place, with host Giorgos Lianos asking finalists to create a new cocktail on the spot with a secret ingredient. The wide audience voted for this secret ingredient through the platform!
- The winner won a full month of training in one of London’s top bartending schools!
In conclusion, we are happy to announce that the results were amazing, the contest was featured in the press and the bartending community responded to Cutty Sark’s mixability with new amazing cocktails!